Friday, August 12, 2011

My New Computer

A couple days ago, I got a new computer.  Here's the specs:

iMac 27"
2560 x 1440 Display
2.8 GHz Intel Core i5 Quad Core with Turbo Boost
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5750, 1GB VRAM
1 TB Hard Drive



She is a beast!  Have you ever flown X-Plane with extremely high rendering options on a 27" screen?  You feel like you're there.  The first time I powered up X-Plane with my old rendering options, I was getting 200+ fps.

So what does this mean for you?  I will be able to buy the newest, most detailed planes now and review them for you.  No longer will I be reviewing boring freeware GA singles...  3D cockpits here I come!

So watch out for some reviews readers!

Simon B

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a 4GB RAM AND 1 TB worth of space? You’re right, your new Mac is DEFINITELY a beast! I can only imagine how awesome the rendering of the X-Plane is now with the powerful graphics capability and video card of the Mac. Hope you’re still having fun with this a whole year after you first got it.

    ReplyDelete